Laser Beam Welding (LBW)
Laser Beam Welding (LBW) is the process of fusing metal with an amplified beam of light.
Advantages of Laser Beam Welding:
- Precise weld penetration and little to no distortion
- Micro weld capabilities
- Low heat
- Easily Repeatable
- Great for welding delicate parts around springs and plastics.
- Cooling rate may cause cracking in certain metals
- Some parts may require filler metal to prevent cracking
- Not ideal for large weld applications
- Not cost-effective for large weld applications
This process is extremely accurate, inputs minimal heat, and can achieve welds much smaller than micro GTAW. Microtech can both manually and CNC fuse, as well as input filler material into the process.
Common applications include stainless steel, titanium, nickel alloy, and carbon steel. We can assist you in determining which welding process best fits your product’s needs.
Laser Beam welding is ideal for smaller weld applications less than 1 mm.